Of course there are plenty of hookup sites out there, but sometimes meeting someone at a bar can be the best way to go. After all, you already have something in common—you both like to drink! But how do you flirt with a girl at a bar without coming on too strong or being too forward?
Some of you may be a bit shy to approach someone you find attractive at a bar. Trust me, I get it. It's tough to put yourself out there, but with a little practice and the right mindset, you can definitely master the art of flirting with a girl at a bar.
Here are a few hookup tips to help you get started:
- Make eye contact: This is probably the most important tip. If you can't even make eye contact with the girl you're interested in, she's definitely not going to be interested in you either. So, try to make eye contact as often as possible, and hold it for a few seconds each time.
- Smile: A genuine smile is always flattering, so don't be afraid to show your pearly whites.
- Start a conversation: Once you've made eye contact and smiled, it's time to take things to the next level by starting a conversation. Try to ask her about something that you have in common, or simply compliment her on something (e.g., her hair, outfit, etc.).
- Compliment her: Compliments are always a good icebreaker, but be sure to keep them genuine and specific. For example, instead of just saying "you're beautiful," try something like, "I love your smile."
- Be a gentleman: This one should go without saying, but it's always important to be a gentleman when flirting with a girl. This means opening doors for her, pulling out chairs, and offering to buy her a drink.
- Listen to her: One of the best ways to show a girl that you're interested in her is to actually listen to what she's saying. So, make sure to ask follow-up questions and really pay attention to her answers.
- Touch her: This doesn't mean that you should go for the full-on assault right away, but a little touch can definitely help to flirt with a girl at a bar. Just be sure to do it in a non-threatening way, like touching her arm or shoulder when you're talking to her.
- Buy her a drink: This is a classic move that definitely works, but only if you're sincere about it. Don't just buy her a drink to try and get her to sleep with you. Instead, do it because you want to be nice or because you want to start a conversation.
- Ask her to dance: Once you've broken the ice, ask her to dance. It's a great way to get close to her and have some fun at the same time.
- Be yourself: This is probably the most important tip of all. girls can smell BS from a mile away, so it's important that you be your genuine self. If you're not comfortable with who you are, she's definitely not going to be interested in you either. So just relax, be yourself, and let the flirting flow naturally.
Ok, so now it's time for you to make your move! If you've followed all of the tips above, then you should have no problem making your move. Just remember to be confident, smooth, and respectful. And, of course, always listen to what she says – you don't want to come on too strong and scare her away.