Dating in 2022 has changed dramatically from dating in 2012. The rise of dating apps and the normalization of hookup culture have transformed the way people meet and date. In addition, the advent of social media has made it easier than ever to connect with potential partners online.
Let's talk about the main changes in the dating world:
- The way people meet has changed. In the past, people generally met potential partners through friends or family members. Nowadays, people are more likely to meet potential partners online through dating apps or social media. This change has been facilitated by the ubiquity of smartphones and the increasing popularity of dating apps.
- The way people communicate has changed. In the past, people would communicate with potential partners primarily through face-to-face interactions or at least via phone calls. Nowadays, people are just as likely to communicate with potential partners thru millions of websites & applications. That is why now we even have a particular definition related to online communication - Sexting, meaning sending sexually explicit messages or photos electronically, primarily between mobile phones and/or computers.
- The way people date has changed. Because people meeting potential partners online, it is essential to be mindful of the fact that first impressions now often happen online before you even meet in person. As such, it is crucial to put your best foot forward online by creating an honest profile that reflects who you are as a person. After texting, at the moment of the offline date, both daters already determined what's going on in the other person's mind and what their tale is. That is why, both people are concentrated on assessing the physical attractiveness of their prospective partner at that time: his appearance, body language, odor, voice, look, etc.
- The reason why people date has changed. In the past, people would generally date with the intention of finding a long-term partner, and nowadays, people are just as likely to date to hook up, and such a trend is growing.
- The way people break up has changed. Ghosting is a new definition that describes a recent growing trend. It happens when a person suddenly stops responding to another person's texts or calls without any explanation. This is usually done to end a relationship. Ghosting can be very hurtful and confusing for the person who is being ghosted.
Do I have any chance in 2022 if I don't want online dating?
The short answer is no. You'll need to be open to meeting people online to be successful with dating nowadays. Because trends have advanced at such a quick pace... How people spend their leisure time has changed dramatically... less and fewer individuals go out offline to look for someone they can date.
What dating site or app should I use?
There is a variety of dating apps and sites that you can use, depending on your preferences. We suggest using several simultaneously to increase your chances. You can read our reviews and choose those sites that suit you the most:
These are the main changes you need to know about dating in 2022. Keep these things in mind, and you'll indeed have a good time dating in the new world!